Old 12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Stitch124

Linda --

I was thinking like your DH then it hit me....I made two sets - each set is made from one type of 1930's fabric, but I'll be getting back 2 sets with a total of 12 DIFFERENT 1930's fabric blocks. So it saved me lots of money swapping vs. going to the store to buy fabric and white tone-on-tone and for 12 different blocks! Well worth the postage and time for me.

Also, since I already had 12 different blocks already made, when I receive my swap blocks I'll have 24 different blocks and only need to make a few more to make a lap quilt. That's time and money saved! and I have a beautiful quilt made with love by some of the very best and generous quilter friends I could ask for!

How's that for justification!?

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Jane, you are not going to cause problems. LOL. DH would never forbid me to do something I really want to do, so if there is a month I have the fabric for and I really want to get in on, I for sure will. LOL Actually, he would never forbid me to do anything, as that would be a sure way to get me doing it if I was so inclined. Heehee. We don't tell each other what to do, I just couldn't find a good answer to his logic.
Next one I join, I will use all one fabric, then I'll get all different ones back and that will make more sense.