View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
omak

Just a thought.
When I didn't have any demands on me, it was pretty amazing the things I couldn't find to do.
Housekeeping is not the main drive in my system, but when I had to take time from playing to nurse the baby ... I could see a TON of things that had to be done.
As long as I had to sit down and look at it, because I couldn't actually do it, I spent all my time with baby thinking of all the things I COULD be doing.
But, once baby was fed, dry, and happy ... I never did any of those things ... well, I did some of them, but for the most part, the only time I wanted to do certain things was when I couldn't do them.
It is the same with anything we want to do ... when we have the time, we dink around doing all sorts of things that have nothing to do with what we thought we would do if "we could just go home" ...
it must be a human thing ... but, we cattle people see it in the pasture - - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you get to the other side of the fence, and then that silly cow figures out ... "Hey! I want over there!"
Hang in there, quilters! You will have time ... the ticket is to enjoy your moments leading toward your goal - - since none of our projects will get done if we aren't employed, eh?