Old 01-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Stitch124

Hi givio - I've been working on the December swap blocks, and also I finished a fence rail 3.5" block swap quilt during Christmas so I haven't had a chance to lay out the 30's D4P blocks yet. I'm debating how I want to lay them out. I think putting all the white squares together gives a different look. Saw the sample on Pinterest. It also had a piano key boarder but I'm not going to that extent. I bought some beautiful 30's red/white flower print for the borders, binding and backing. I also want to make a few more blocks because I'd like to make this quilt to fit on my bed. Not as a full spread, just big enough to cover the top. I am looking forward to the finished quilt and will post a pic when its done. Also wondering the best way to quilt it. The white blocks will give some open space for a pretty design I think.
I have so many ideas and not enough time to get all my projects done. I must have 30 quilts lined up to work on. Retirement can't come soon enough...but don't know when that will be so, I just keep plugging along.