Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM
pbadder

[QUOTE=Knitette;6552712]Could someone help me please? I've never cut a border like this before. I want to have four equal strips. I think it's the broad black strip next to the selvedges that's confusing me

Am I right in thinking I'll need to trim these broad bits right back to the equivalent of half a black stripe?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460364[/ATTACH]

Also, will it matter which side of the strip then goes next to the inside 'panel' - one side will have flowers whilst the other side will have the large turquoise stripe........ Which way would be best next to the 'panel'? I'm going to put a plain turquoise narrow 2 1/2" inner border to frame the 'panel'.

I just finished a peacock quilt using this same Fabric I used this for the border will see if I have picture to show you. You measure 1/4" on black strip then you will come up with four borders. If I find my picture will post it here for you to see it. This way you will now what I mean. I love the way my quilt turned out it was used for a RR on a different site 4 of the borders were made by different people, and when I got it back I added several more borders so it would fit our bed.