View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 AM
judylg

Originally Posted by QuiltE
There are a lot of online stores here in Canada. Though I have not spotted any with super wonderful pricing, especially when you add in the shipping fees. That's often what kills it as being desirable.

I don't online shop as I like touchy-feely to know what I am getting for quality of fabric, colour, scale of design etc. Instead I keep an eye out as to what different LQS' specialize in re fabrics, notions, etc. While it may not be available to me locally, I know where I am most likely to find it when I want it. If it's a distance, I will phone/email ahead to check on the probability, to make sure.

Yes indeed, check out The Marsh Store, definitely worth the drive (wherever you are from). A big selection and if you don't see it, ask ... as you can easily miss something that is there. They know their stock and can usually put their hands on it. While they aren't an online store, they are very obliging. I once spotted a few fabrics on their website that I wanted and they sent me some better pics. I ordered, and they shipped them to me.
I am putting the Marsh Store on my list of to see quilt shops. I am finding locally not many quilt shops, the thing with quilt stores, they all favor a certain style, which is good. I like shops that offer a bit for all. I did shy away from online, but am quite pleased with what I have bought so far. The shipping both within Canada and to Canada are high, sometimes I think to myself it is cheaper than if I went by car and overnighted. This is how I justify my online shopping. Thanks for the maple leaf reply!