Old 02-17-2014, 01:54 PM
MichelleDenise

Question Stitching in the ditch vertically but not all of them line up vertically. What to do?

Hello,

This is my second quilt top that I have put together. I started it a couple of years ago in a quilting class, but I didn't get it finished by the end of the class. I had to finish it on my own. A lot of things have happened that last year such as I had a second back surgery and my daughter had a baby.

I am now getting ready to put on the borders, but I wanted to press the whole top since I have it together. I noticed while pressing it that vertically not all the blocks are in a straight line. Most of them line up just fine but here and there they don't. My question is can I still go ahead and stitch in the ditch despite them all not lining up correctly?

I know my stitching will show a bit on the block where it is out of line. Or is there a better way to quilt this when they are not perfectly aligned? I don't think I am ready for free motion quilting yet. I now realize that the reason my blocks are not the correct size is because I didn't cut my stripes accurately. My ruler would slip, so I bought some backing (can't remember the product name) and applied it so it won't be a problem in the future. I am reading the first book in Quilting Academy, and I will start making my quilts and way through this book.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle