View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 06:43 AM
KGoodhand

Originally Posted by mommaB
I guess my response to getting what you pay for goes something like this, when you hire employees say..."these are the requirements of and for the job..this is what you get paid..if its not enough, look for a job elsewhere." There are people who will work their butts off because they committed to an employer and take pride in what they do, have respect for themselves, and go the extra mile because its the right thing to do. I'm quite sure every penny of my wages are earned. Maybe that's a little old fashioned, but its how I trained my kids too. I'm so tired of "I don't get paid to do that" well, you don't get paid to complain about your job either. Don't like it? Find a new one!
I agree! I work for minimum wage and was taught that if youare having problems with work or otherwise you do NOT bring that to the sales floor!!! I help people all the time at work. They look at me and say oh I can do that but I just lookat them and say ' well I get paid the BIG bucks to do it for you!' They always laugh but at least I know they are happy! If I thought I did something to upset a customer I would be very upset with myself. Like I said I was taught you are there to work and you are there to do your best! Do it! No questions asked! Sorry - I don't mean to ramble but I have worked retail to a long time and have always loved dealing with people! My other way of dealing with bad things at work - you can really mess with peoples minds if they are mean and grumpy - be super sweet and nice! They never know what to say!!! :lol:
Sorry Just my two cents!