View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 02:14 PM
rushdoggie

Originally Posted by DebbE View Post
I'm with Sewnoma - I bought Billy cabinets and the ones on each end have glass doors. I store TONS of fabric on those shelves, I love that the shelves are adjustable, and they hold a ton of weight in fabric. For the long term, its perfect. Cabinets are the way to go. I've had dressers, and I never saw what was in the bottom of each drawer.
Those are nice, but I don't want clear cabinets. I really don't want to see my "stuff" once the doors are closed. I find I get overwhelmed by visual clutter. I currently have my fabric/batt stored on open shelving in bins and baskets and I kind of hate it. Its always dusty, messy, hard to find/get to stuff and when people sleep in there it is kind of ugly.

I actually fold my clothes and set them on their ends in my dresser drawers. Kind of like this

http://sunsetblonde.files.wordpress....ze-tanks04.jpg

So I anticipated thats how I would store fabric in the dresser as well. I was also thinking I would like to be able to place a small TV/DVD on top of the dresser.

But there are some good points about the physics of available space in a cabinet. I could put my TV elsewhere, and of it had doors it would look nice.