View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Barb_513

All of your blocks look amazing! So I have about 8 blocks done. Let me give you a little background. My grandmother taught me how to sew when I was a kid. I sew and sell kids clothing. I also do embroidery. I hit 40 this year and my oldest left for college...do you see the mid life crisis coming? haha so I was sitting around one day and realized I needed to start quilting. I miss my grandmother and think of her often. My house is full of her quilts. I want to make quilts for my kids also. So never making a quilt before I started looking online. I fell in love many times but soon realized I love samplers. My dream is a Dear Jane. So I found you all and ordered my book and started my Sylvia. I am loving it. My seam ripper has become my best friend lol. My 8 year old twins seem to always be helping which leads to wrong sides being sewn together or some silly mistake. I have deemed this my learning, practicing and enjoying quilt. It is no where close to all of yours but it is my first and I am enjoying it. Thanks for sharing all your quilts with me. I am really enjoying reading all the posts and seeing all the beautiful blocks. Have a great weekend ladies!