Old 05-10-2014, 06:58 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

I'm a joiner, but haven't yet worked up my courage to join a quilt guild. Maybe soon. I have a very busy life already, and am not sure that I want to add another "meeting to attend" to it. One of my friends in another club has invited me several times to go to guild with her, and they have a sewing/crafting day at the local free meeting hall which I have attended several times--just run out of time, so can't make up my mind to add something else.

And to the lady above who is remodeling/moving her sewing room, just keep at it, you'll get it done. I am doing the same thing right now, trying to locate a suitable place for the new embroidery machine that I recently bought at Paducah. I get one thing done on it, go and tackle a household chore then go back to rearranging, back and forth all day and even into the evening; plus I have about 6 quilts working/stewing in the back of my mind so am finding fabrics and materials for them as I putter from one place to the other. Plus keeping the laundry and ironing caught up; talking a GD into let's make her a new dress for a 4-H project; getting another quilt ready for the county fair; and getting my hair and nails done so I look nice for church on Sunday--and working on that is important as I am not the cute little thing that I once was.....

So, quilt guild may have to wait another few months.