View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 AM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by Annie Pearl View Post
In my recent post I asked what I thought was a simple question about Jenny. As I read the responses it is obvious that a lot of folks thought I was being critical........I wasn't. I have watched many of Jenny's tutorials and have learned a lot from her. I have marveled at the way she can make things that can be difficult so simple. In questioning Jenny's accuracy I should have wrote " how can she do such beautiful work so quickly". I work at a slow speed and my accuracy is usually a flop. I am fairly new to quilting and new to this board. I am amazed by all of you that are so confident in your work. I still struggle a lot. So, if you would please accept my apology. If I upset anyone believe me that wasn't my intent.
Lee Ann
Fiddlesticks! If you had been critical, that is your right. As for me--some of the people on this board intimidate me because they either make few mistakes or (more likely in my opinion) don't admit them. Perfect seams would be very nice, finding out what a scant 1/4is would be very nice, no pleats in the quilt lining would be very nice. What Jenny Doan and several other professional quilters have done for me is to reassure me that while "very nice" wins ribbons at quilt shows, "nice" and even really screwed up wins with family and friends.

Welcome to the board from N Texas. froggyintexas