Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UPDATE!!!  How does Jenny do it? >

UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

Old 06-01-2014, 01:06 AM

Default UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

In my recent post I asked what I thought was a simple question about Jenny. As I read the responses it is obvious that a lot of folks thought I was being critical........I wasn't. I have watched many of Jenny's tutorials and have learned a lot from her. I have marveled at the way she can make things that can be difficult so simple. In questioning Jenny's accuracy I should have wrote " how can she do such beautiful work so quickly". I work at a slow speed and my accuracy is usually a flop. I am fairly new to quilting and new to this board. I am amazed by all of you that are so confident in your work. I still struggle a lot. So, if you would please accept my apology. If I upset anyone believe me that wasn't my intent.
Lee Ann
Old 06-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Power Poster

as with most things as you practice you become faster and more accurate- when I first started quilting it took me days (if not weeks) to stitch a binding- now, years later, I can bind a queen sized quilt in just a couple hours---it just takes practice- as you become more sure of yourself/your skills you will improve and find things that used to take a long time now are a breeze.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:08 AM

When I first started sewing on my Kenmore I turned the wheel by hand because I was afraid it would go to fast for me..I'm a little quicker now. ��
Old 06-01-2014, 03:48 AM

I didn't take your first thread as being critical. Quilting is just like everything we do in life: the more we do it, the better we get and the faster we get! Confidence comes with experience. I've been quilting a long time and even though I am confident in my skills, I would never do it as quick as Jenny does in her videos! I don't like to be in a rush when I do anything let alone when I am quilting. I work at a steady pace and take my time. I enjoy the journey and have no reason to rush!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 03:52 AM

Annie Pearl: FRIST OFF let me say welcome to the board. You will find that some people there [as with any group of people]are looking for a way to take what we post the wrong way. Just take let the them roll off you back. this group will be help and fun to work with. just know that there are sour pas__ in ever group.
Keep at your quilting you will get faster and more accurate. just keep in mind that it is for you and yours and it dosn't matter what other think about it. IT IS YOURS.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ladysuds View Post
When I first started sewing on my Kenmore I turned the wheel by hand because I was afraid it would go to fast for me..I'm a little quicker now. 😁
Love this!

You need a sign in your sewing room that says this.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:08 AM

I didn't think it was critical. I find when making multiple blocks, the first one is off more than the rest. I don't start chain piecing blocks til after the first one is tested. You can quess how I learned this lesson.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:19 AM

I didn't think you were being critical. By the way, welcome to the board. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and by reading the posts, sometimes a question is answered for someone else that helps you. After awhile you will feel like you have tons of new friends. At least that's how I feel.
Sue
Old 06-01-2014, 05:58 AM

Hi Annie Pearl and welcome to the board. I took no offense to your comment the other day. I laugh because for many years I thought the same thing about Elenore Burns on her weekly show until they did the show on her bloopers. What they show on the screen may not always be what is behind the scenes, there were a lot of fun laughs on what we see and what actually is. Most of the time they have to gain a balance between sewing fast to keep our interest and getting the job done. We all have a speed of sewing that works for us.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

I didn't take your post as critical either. You have to remember that conversations on the board are just like conversations in real life. Someone says something, another person adds to it, and eventually the conversation takes a twist that the first person may never have intended, but it's what other people want or need to talk about.