View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:45 PM
oldtisme

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
A very valuable piece of information: People are happy to pay other people for what they can't do themselves if they want the item badly enough. For example, doctors, auto mechanics, financial advisors...so why shouldn't quilters be on that list? Just because we make it and the item isn't purchased at a big boxed retailer doesn't remove value...in fact, it should ADD value because this quilt/pillow/placemat/potholder/whatever was made specifically with YOU in mind - your favorite colors, subjects, patterns, etc. And even at the minimum wage of $7.25/hr (in Texas currently)...I think the next project I do, I'm going to clock in and out just like at any other job, and at the end, figure up how long it took. This includes the time it takes to choose, purchase, and prepare fabric (and other supplies) before cutting and sewing.
As someone suggested on the Board I bought an electric clock, plugged it into a surge protector stip & turn on the strip when I start a project & turn it off when I take a break. This keeps the time I spent on a certain quilt. After 12 hrs go by I make a note of the 12 hrs in my note book, and keep repeating the process until the quilt is done.