View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 07:47 AM
irishrose

bjsmith, are you planning on a batik quilt? You make sure to check in every week so I have a feeling your weight loss is going well.

Pat, I almost took the dogs on a very short walk Sunday night, but my son called from New York just in time. He wants me to wait for the boot as it should be more stable than the cast. I can only bear weight on my heel so going over backwards on rough pavement could happen. I can see it now - if I fall over, I can't get up alone without a chair or something nearby. I would have to call a daughter or my friend and sit and wait. If I do decide to try it, I will have a phone with me. Saturday was my first day upright (with crutches) and today is only Tuesday. Patience has never been my strong suit.

The front of the circle quilt is nearly done. I love it. I can see where I will need to duplicate it in my colors. I guess I'd better get busy and drop some pounds so I can see what color batiks our group has added. The rusts, greens and blues are gorgeous, but I want pinks and reds for me. I have most of the blocks done for the back, too.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.