View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 AM
mateoh

Hi Everyone! We just got back from our trip to Scotland and Ireland and we had a wonderful time. So much history. We met so many wonderful people and I really did not want to come back. The countryside was spectacular and the flower gardens that we saw were fantastic. Too much leg swelling this morning to brave the scale but I will jump on tomorrow morning. Vacation is over. The flight from Shannon, Ireland to Chicago was not so bad but the 5 hour layover in Chicago was awful. We left Shannon a 11AM and got home at 10PM. My sister who stayed with mom during our time away had cheesecake and cookies waiting for us on our return. ( Oh joy, Oh rapture!) I did taste a little evening and now I just want them gone so that they don't keep calling to me. It is time to get back to normal.

Meanmom, congratulations on your quilt entries to the State Fair. I hope you will be able to post photos. I am sure we would all enjoy seeing them.
Kalama, my mom lives with us and is 89 years old. In the last two years we have been watching her decline. Although her dementia is sill early, we know that things will just continue to progress as there is no halting dementia. I am glad that my two oldest sisters were able to come to stay with mom to allow us to take our trip. They staggered their time so that there would always be someone here. At least they know first hand about her decline.
Hope everyone is doing well this month. I am only hoping that I don't cry tomorrow morning when I brave the scale. We did walk quite a bit during the vacation and I even managed to get in 5 miles of walking at the airport yesterday while we were waiting for flight.
Have a good week everyone.