View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 PM
vdot

Default I have a Low Serial Number White VS-2 ... just happened upon 08-02-14

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
I think it is a VS-1. One machine I don't have, LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]483730[/ATTACH]
Serial number, 1,296,223
I just bought a machine just like this except the Serial Number is printed into the metal plate behind the presser foot, it has a very low Serial Number (972930), and it has a full-circular cast "frame" (vs. semi-circular, bottom-only) that holds the bobbin re-threader.

The decals are not in great shape, the treadle and head are otherwise good shape, the wood is reasonably good condition, but is probably the weakest piece of the puzzle. Speaking of puzzles, it came with one shuttle and one bobbin and rectangular, unlabled tin box with some accessories, but I'm not sure if any of that stuff belongs with the machine. I thinnk the bobbin is, as it fits the spindles on the bobbin threader, but the shuttle looks like a Singer VS-2 shuttle, and doesn't seem to fit well at all.

But then, I don't know much of anything about any of this, either...I get all kinds of conflicting info online, and I have no experience with treadles until 2 days ago (2-days of internet research).

Are any VS-1 and VS-2 Shuttles interchangeable between any White and Singer VS-1 and VS-2 models? (If you are kind enough to answer, please be specific, explicit and clear about this).

Also, same question for White and Singer VS-1 and VS-2 bobbins (and accessories)...

If someone really wants an early White VS-2, I may be willing to sell or trade this one...

-Dave