View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 05:04 AM
leatheflea

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
my husband works in construction industry for major multinational. frequently he calls and the CID says "unknown name, unknown number" ..i do a mental coin toss --is it him? is it the comapany & he's hurt? ..or is it another £#^{'¥>**# !!! telemarketer ... so ..i answer the phone. he doesn't know why the thing happens. he doesn't have anyone at this DOE jobsite to ask whyfor's of. we just deal w it. and the telemarketers get an ear full
A business situation is different, of course you have to answer the phone everytime , that's just good business sense. But in a home only environment most people have some type of answering service. True emergencies and people who really want to talk to you will leave a message. I guess I have compassionate family and friends that understand my reasons for not answering the phone when they come up as private or unavailable on the caller ID, they just leave a message and they don't find me to be rude. Of course by calling me rude they realize that they are being rude and no one wants that on their Karma. So to clear my karma maybe instead of saying " You've no one to blame but yourself" in the statement above I should have said "I've". My intentions were to help not to offend.