Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Poodles

Originally Posted by Gayle8675309 View Post
Hi,

I'm interested in making lap sized (or even small throw sized) quilts for a charity, but do not know of a charity that needs them. I checked with our local cancer center, and they don't need any quilts. I just want to be able to make some lap sized quilts to decrease my stash and enjoy making smaller projects.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I know 2 people that would love to have one in the nursing home and I could pay for the shipping and we have a homeless shelter not too far from me but not sure they would be appreciated. One of my friends just got through making pads for homeless to sleep on. they were made out of plastic bags. I told her I thought those bags would be to cold to sleep out in the cold on and she said well other people around can bring some cover. I told her I wished I had extra cover to do just that. I think it is really a nice thing to do for others. I haven't learned to sew that good yet. I want to finish a quilt for my son for Christmas. My machine is messing up. He spent 21 years in the military and served in Iraq and got shot down and they ate out of garbage cans till someone found them and resqued them. I am fixing him a red white and blue quilt. I made my daughter one last year with the help of one of my sewing friends.

Last edited by Poodles; 11-21-2014 at 01:46 PM.