Thread: Deli Sheets
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Oh Pat, get out the 'Purple Thang' and use it! I have several. I find it invaluable for guiding fabric close to the needle, the flat end easing fabric onto the feed dogs, an extra push here and there close to the needle...it's plastic and the flat end has an indent from the needle that would have been my finger...and it didn't mess up the timing on the machine like a metal one would have done. The curved end grabs the threads from the bobbin and top thread that sometimes are short under the presser foot, so I can pull them to the side. It is great for gently pushing out corners.

On my cutting table I use them to adjust the blades on my rotary cutter when I don't quite get them centered properly while changing blades or the blades are sticking together out of the package.

I know fully well that there are other 'free' items like chop sticks but for me I absolutely can't imagine sewing without the Purple Thang close by.

Oh! One other thing, I absolutely love tucking a Purple Thang in a card to one of my quilty friends for birthdays and just a surprise card that says, 'Hope you're having a great day!'

You really convinced me of the many ways to use it so I went to my little sewing shop to get it out & wouldn't you know. I can't find it anywhere. I think it's gone. I'm a snowbird so I carry most of my stuff back & forth & I haven't seen it in ages. Guess I'll have to search for another one. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Pat