View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 10:31 AM
quiltingcandy

I like my Ott lights. I have a table model in my kitchen under a cabinet because I do most of my food prep there and like the brighter light. And have a floor lamp next to my chair in the TV room and another floor lamp & table model in my sewing room by my sewing machines.

I did have a floor lamp got bad. They have some electrical thing that makes the bulb do what ever, so I sent an e-mail to Ott to find out if I can find out where it is in the lamp and can I buy a new one. (After all it is easy to replace this thing in florescent lights.) I got an e-mail back telling me to contact an electrician, they will know the parts that I need. At $150.00 an hour for an electrician I just got rid of it and bought another one. When I get them, I wait for them to go on sale and I have a gift card. Once when I was at JA's they had the floor lamps with the little tray on it for around $40.00. The saleslady said people didn't like the little tray and they needed to get rid of them. I should have bought 2 but I controlled myself and just got the one. It's in my sewing room and is rather handy, but I never would have paid the original price for it.