View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by punkinsmom
I agree Great Job :thumbup: As for the label I would put it on before I quilted it, I learned this the hard way :evil: I gave a quilt as a gift and she regifted it but before she did so, she took my label off and put another one on giveing herself credit for it. I only found out about it from the friend that she regifted it to. I knew it was mine as I had signed one of the block with a pigma pen. :XD: LOL Liz
Grrrrr! :evil: I've heard of this happening. I know a lot of experts are now suggesting you put the label on before it is quilted and that way the label is part of the quilting. The reasoning is mostly so the quilt isn't stolen (who wants to rip out the quilting and ruin the quilt!?!) but it would also work to keep the above from happening. I think I would have had some nasty words to say to the gal I gifted the quilt to if this happened to me!!

I would SID (stitch in the ditch) around the center blocks but I would also do an echo or outline stitching around each of the characters in the center block. This will make them stand out a bit more. I wouldn't do any meander stitching, but only because too much stitching will cause the quilt to become stiff as a board. It's hard to cuddle with a quilt that is stiff. Just a thought.

What a great quilt for your grandaughter! She is one lucky little lady. I bet you are her favorite grandma! ;)