Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Help Me Please!!??

This Quilt is for my granddaughter and I have a couple questions that need answered before I finish it. I started quilting hearts around it, but what can I do for the center blocks? Would stitch in the ditch be good or maybe someone has a better suggestion? What about the Quilt label. Do you put it on before putting the sandwich together or after. Do you quilt over the label? This is my first quilt and I wanted to give it to my granddaughter at Christmas, but I got stumped on what to do.
    Thank you and Happy New Year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome job on the hearts! I am not near that good. I would just stitch in the ditch around the squares. The label is put on after everything else. You usually hand stitch it to the back.

First off, let me say you have done a great job with the hearts and it's such a pretty little quilt. There is one lucky little girl that is getting it!
    Now, as to the middle squares....I would just stich/ditch around them as to not take away from the square.

I hand sew my labels on when I'm done. I use a little Lite Heat N Bond to hold it steady, then whip stitch it in place.

Blog Entries
    First off, I love this quilt, it is fitting for a little princess :D:D:D I love the quilting too!!!

As to the center of the blocks, how far apart can the quilting be according to the label on your batting. Can you do a meandering design around the characters and be within the guidelines?
    Stitch in the ditch around the stars would be very pretty :D
    Most quilters put the label on last, handstitching it down. There are some though, who will attach it first and them do their quilting.

Thank you for your ideas. I'm new to quilting and learning as I go.

I made a Peanuts quilt for a friend recently and I ended up doing a modified echo stitch around the figures in the center of the blocks to help make the characters stand out from the background. However, these squares look so small, I doubt you need to do anything more than quilt in the ditch.

It is a lovely quilt. I don't want my daughter to see it. She will want me to make one for her! :-P

Love lyour quilt, and your hearts are great. I would stitch 1/4 in in from the seams in the star blocks, this will make them stand out some. What a great quit for just a beginner!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I made a Peanuts quilt for a friend recently and I ended up doing a modified echo stitch around the figures in the center of the blocks to help make the characters stand out from the background. However, these squares look so small, I doubt you need to do anything more than quilt in the ditch.

It is a lovely quilt. I don't want my daughter to see it. She will want me to make one for her! :-P
    I agree with MistyMarie that free motion quilting or around like echo will bob up the figures and make them dancing withe there pretty dresses.

Blog Entries
    Yes, the same star in my very quilts ;-)

Banned
    i love the quilt. sorry i can't help with the sewing part as i tie mine.

That quilt is just adorable and I'm sure your granddaughter will just love it!!!! I would just stitch in the ditch and around the motifs. Your hearts look great!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    Awesome job on the hearts! I am not near that good. I would just stitch in the ditch around the squares. The label is put on after everything else. You usually hand stitch it to the back.
    I agree, great job.

Blog Entries
    Love the fabric and pattern ! Awesome job on the heart quilting :mrgreen: I have no suggestions on the quitling for the rest . She will truly feel like a princess with that quilt

If you did echo quilting around the figures it doesn have to be precise, it will make them stand out.

Great quilting and a beautiful quilt. I would SID around the blocks.

First of all, lovely quilt! You're doing a great job. I would either echo stitch around the figures or meander, it would make them stand out.
    Then maybe stitch in the ditch around the star points.

Your quilt is adorable. And your hearts are great. Did you free motion them?

Dix
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Love lyour quilt, and your hearts are great. I would stitch 1/4 in in from the seams in the star blocks, this will make them stand out some. What a great quit for just a beginner!!!
    I agree with Ninnie. When in doubt I always do the 1/4 inch, it may take awhile but will be worth it. The hearts are darling.

Cute quilt and great hearts. as to the label, i used to put them on after it was quilted, but in the corner so the binding secures 2 of the sides. I would sew them on with invisible thread. I basically do the same thing now except i put them on and then quilt the quilt. That way they are really attached to the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmom
    Cute quilt and great hearts. as to the label, i used to put them on after it was quilted, but in the corner so the binding secures 2 of the sides. I would sew them on with invisible thread. I basically do the same thing now except i put them on and then quilt the quilt. That way they are really attached to the quilt.
    I agree Great Job :thumbup: As for the label I would put it on before I quilted it, I learned this the hard way :evil: I gave a quilt as a gift and she regifted it but before she did so, she took my label off and put another one on giveing herself credit for it. I only found out about it from the friend that she regifted it to. I knew it was mine as I had signed one of the block with a pigma pen. :XD: LOL Liz

Great quilt! I would stitch in the ditch around the triangles and center blocks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azam
    First of all, lovely quilt! You're doing a great job. I would either echo stitch around the figures or meander, it would make them stand out.
    Then maybe stitch in the ditch around the star points.
    I agree with AZAM on the above suggestions. Also, you will want to start in the middle with quilting your quilts if you are on a regular sewing machine so you don't get bunching up in the middle.

Blog Entries
    [quote=punkinsmomI agree Great Job :thumbup: As for the label I would put it on before I quilted it, I learned this the hard way :evil: I gave a quilt as a gift and she regifted it but before she did so, she took my label off and put another one on giveing herself credit for it. I only found out about it from the friend that she regifted it to. I knew it was mine as I had signed one of the block with a pigma pen. :XD: LOL Liz[/quote]

WoW!!!! that was pretty nervy!!!!

[quote=jljack]
    Quote Originally Posted by punkinsmomI agree Great Job :thumbup: As for the label I would put it on before I quilted it, I learned this the hard way :evil: I gave a quilt as a gift and she regifted it but before she did so, she took my label off and put another one on giveing herself credit for it. I only found out about it from the friend that she regifted it to. I knew it was mine as I had signed one of the block with a pigma pen. :XD: LOL Liz[/quote

WoW!!!! that was pretty nervy!!!!
    to: jljack
    Oh my gosh, that's why I'm picky about who I make quilts for. Is she a quilter? Does she know what goes into the making of a quilt and all the love that goes into them?

Great job on the quilt. I love the hearts. Can you hand stitch around the characters to make them pop out?
    SEWTOO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast