View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:35 PM
julie

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
I absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE games at any kind of shower. Much rather just visit and watch the honoree open gifts.
I used to feel this way too, but after going to a couple showers, one bridal, one baby, I've changed my mind. Here is the experience we had at my DIL's baby shower: aunts, and cousins from both sides of the families, mine and my DH, were invited. My extended family doesn't really know my DH's extended family, and vice versa. There were no games. Everyone sat around somewhat awkwardly, the hostesses brought the gifts to my DIL and she opened them, and exclaimed over each one. Very little back and forth conversation. My DIL told me later she was kind of uncomfortable with all the attention, all the time. By the way, she did send thank you notes within a week of the shower. A game or 2 would've been an ice breaker. At my niece's bridal shower, the guests were a mix of family and friends, not everyone knew each other. We played a couple silly games, had some laughs, everyone relaxed.