View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Buckeye Rose

When I was shopping for a new machine, I did a lot of research online before I ever stepped into a store. I knew what I absolutely had to have (auto cutter, threader, feed dogs up/down, needle up/down) and then did some test driving. I tried to use features that I had no idea about (adjustable needle position) and even tried out the deco stitches. I walked out with a used Janome 6600 that has lots of stitches I will never use, but has lots that I do use. It is fun to add a line of fancy stitching along the hem of granddaughters dresses, or a deco stitch on the binding of a kids quilt to make it extra durable. I have found that I do use way more of the features than I originally thought about, and almost wish I had gone up one more step to the 7700 for the better alphabet stitching (to make labels). Have someone show you what you can use all those fancy stitches on before you decide you will never use them....try out the higher end computerized machines as well as the mechanical ones. You may find one that tickles your fancy!