View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:46 AM
w1613s

I just read lots of really good "new machine" advice. The only thing I didn't read was much from people like me. I am a "grow into it" person. If I have it I am determined to use it and use it I do. Didn't want a microwave. I have two, opposite ends of the kitchen and a third in the rv. Didn't want slideouts in the rv. Have two in the new one. Didn't want the first rv. Just had the current one serviced and getting ready for a shakedown cruise. Long trip planned for 2015. See what I mean? Only one husband, though and he is an enabler besides being perfect. Well, perfect-ish; he still opens a econd jar because the first one didn't jump at him.

If you are like me and are blessed to be able to do it, consider if you will only use "what you're need" and THEN look at machines. Also, check to see if the dealer has a stepped "trade up offer" available. Might be a good way to hav the best oftwo worlds.

My Bernina, a 1630, walks on water at one end of my sewing room. The new Huskvarna Viking is Dad's last gift to me and resides right next to its manual at the other end of my sewing room. I still haven't entirely figured out all its ins and outs and bits and pieces; but I'm working on it. And while I do, I have plans for how I am going to use them. The line embroidery function and the filled embroidery function are neck and neck in the race to decide which one will be used for the lettering I'm going to use on a UFO. Then it's hi ho to sandwiching, quilting, and binding.

Enjoy the hunt and savor the decision.

Pat