View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 01:25 PM
irishphoenix

Hi Feline, thankyou so much, that is very kind of you.
Sure I dont mind at all OK here goes. I printed out an outline of a hummingbird onto fabric and pieced it onto the main part of the quilt and then I free motion quilted the bird with embroidery threads, and extended his wings with thread. I found some lovely fabric with text on and used that for the birds chest and lower wings. I covered the bird in organza and sewed around the bird outline and cut out the rest -this gave hime a shine and I hope blended all the processes together. The steampunk things are small watch parts, cogs and the like, really tiny, and I put them on the large butterfly for his eye markings and in the centre of the round part of the long wings inside the bead circles.
Hope thats OK I wills ee if I can find a closeup of the bird-actually its on our patchwork magazine so I will see if I can upload it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512837[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
This is fabulous!

I hope you will answer some questions, I always need to know the technical details.

Did you fabric paint the hummingbird? What medium did you use? (ie inktense pencils, fabric paint, dye, etc)

What are "steampunk parts"?

Can you post some closeups?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails ips-mag060-581x800-.jpg