View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 03:57 AM
NJ Quilter

I have a Viking Platinum that I absolutely love. Have had it for (according to the shop) 7 years. Just took it for it's first service last week. It has sewn almost anything I have thrown at it. Exception being heavy canvas boat cover/binding edge on it. Just a hair too thick or I just didn't have the correct needle for the job. Otherwise, it's awesome. Sews an awesome 'scant' 1/4" seam with simply regular foot and needle setting. Sews binding on with no walking foot and no balking. I don't normally machine quilt although I have some some simple cross-hatch quilting with it and it's fine - again without walking foot. Has automatic tension settings so NEVER have to adjust. Will use any thread that I throw at it as well.

Beyond that, I have my FW which also sews beautifully. Have a 99 that I may use in the next day or so now that I finally have correct bobbins for it. Have had it for a while but have not had a need to use it. Bought it to put into another table but it didn't fit. Waiting for the 66 to be refurbed to go into the table previously mentioned.