View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:16 AM
pittsburgpam

I just remembered that my Discover card has 0% interest on all purchases until January 31st. I stopped using the card a year ago because I was peeved with them. I have had it for many, many years and didn't use it much. I then signed up for the 5% cash back categories that change every quarter and started using it. One quarter would be 5% back on gas, one would be groceries, etc. I only used it for those things and always paid it off.

Last December I bought new tires and a new mattress set so that was a couple thousand dollars. I paid $800 of it before the statement even came out. I then got a letter that they were raising my interest rate to 14%. Are you kidding me? I start using their card so they raise it?? I wrote them and said they had the right to raise the rate and I had the right to not use their card. I have several others that want my business. I paid off the card and didn't use it again.

Anyway, I called to activate a replacement card and had to talk to someone. The man I spoke to asked what it would take to use their card. He gave me 0% for January purchases. I said that didn't matter much. He then said that he could lower the interest rate. I said I would consider using it then.

I can use my Discover card and pay it off now or wait until I get my bonus and not incur any interest. :-D