View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 06:46 AM
JustOneMoreYard

Default Need some ideas please

Hi Ladies,

I was a member of this board several years back and because life gets in the way of all things good, I let it slip away.

I changed computers, lost bookmarks and then forgot about you wonderful ladies. I came across a post that was posted here in an internet search, clicked on it and it brought me right back. So I would like to say Hello again!

In the time that I have been away, I have begun to design quilt patterns. My students say that my instructions are wonderful, clear and easy to follow, so that gave me encouragement to continue.

I have posted a couple of things for sale but one of them is not selling very well. I asked another board that I am what they thought of the design, and they all told me that it was too simple and that they wouldn't buy it because they could figure it out themselves.<sigh>

So here is what I am seeking from you ladies. Ideas on what you would like to see in a quilt pattern.

I try to design for the beginning quilter? Is that market over saturated with that type of pattern and should I concentrate on more advanced patterns?

Is there a particular block or blocks that you would like to see set into a quilt?

What fabrics do you like to use?

Do you like pre-cuts, yardage or your stash, or all of them put together?

What size quilts do you like to make?

What would wow you into buying a pattern?

I sit at my software or stare at my quilt block encyclopedias and draw a total blank.

Thanks for your help!

Susan</sigh>