View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 06:34 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
My memory would be odd. It was when I first flew in an airplane and then years later actually soloing the first time. The song "Fly like an Eagle" came to mind. Didn't have a happy childhood.
I had one of the worst childhoods imaginable so there are things that I pick that gives me happy memories. Like the "snowball" bushes along my grandmothers yard. They were actually hydranges but we didn't know. She also had the adirondeck chairs that I loved. Going to her barn and drinking cider out of the barrel. Spending the one summer with my other summer, it was great because I knew there'd be no abuse since I wasnt around my father. Skipping along the creek. Or my sisters and I going out and chopping down the Christmas trees even though we knew there'd be no presents under it the next morning. We rarely got to be around the other family and that's where our best memories were made. Like we were there on Easter and it was my birthday and I won the contest for getting most eggs. My cousin and I were two months apart so we used to tell everyone we were twin cousins. I chose not to concentrate on the bad stuff and then find the good things to remember. I don't have a lot of memories of my mom but before my dad stole us all of the ones I had with her was good. She'd never whip us but was the best at putting kids in time out and making sure we didn't make a sound. All we ever got was love from her. I think in life you can either dwell on the bad memories which will make you unhappy or forget the past or do like I do, chose the few good memories and keep them close to your heart. My kids know all of my childhood, I felt it important for them to know what I went thru but we only talk about the good things now. I hope everyone has some good memories to fall back on, no matter how small.