Old 05-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by mea12 View Post
Lots of computerized machines in brother and janome still going strong after 15+ years. There was a similar discussion on Pattern Review not long ago and the consensus seemed to be for the new models more like 10 years life expectancy but no way to know really!! But probably 15 yrs would be considered a long life for today's TOL types...again just a guess.
I see some still running their machines from the 90's, their TOL for that time are still running strong. I think people just upgrade because technology gets outdated not because it doesn't work otherwise these machines would not still be in use. They are actually starting to build them stronger because of how much they are used. I know the new single needle brother/babylock TOL are made more industrial now is what my dealer says because of how the high some of the stitch counts on designs are. It made me feel good about my machine. I think most of these machines can run over 20 years but with all the new introduce features who is likely to have theirs that long even if they run.