View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 AM
janjj

WOW ! My daughter asked me awhile back 'mom, do you really need all this stuff?" So I began purging. I love my magic bullet, easy to use and clean and small enough to leave on my counter so it is handy. I moved my bread machine to my counter thinking it would encourage me to use it more often. Well, that has not happened. My good dishes are seldom used. one of my mothers sets I inherited went to my son and DIL. The round rubber things that help open jars we received from the local elevator from the owner whose name is Ole. so all our family calls them their Ole ! Years ago I had a set of Wearever pans and with them came an item that I use to pick up hot pans (I freeze soup in small stainless steel pans and then heat them in a larger pan with boiling water it makes fixing a meal easy). I ended up with an extra one so when a friends son has a fire and lost much of his stuff I put the extra one in with lots of other stuff. She said it was so much fun watching him go through the boxes kind of like Christmas for him.
I gave away some white Correelle cups, the ones that are a bit small and the handle does not completely close on the cup. After that I found the saucers and would have liked the cups back as I would then make pincushions out of them. and since they were white I could make the pincushions in various colors and would give them as gifts. I would glue the cup to the saucer, kind of like the garden art things I make. I had given them to a place called Opportunity Villiage so went back to buy them back but they were gone. Oh well.