View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 03:33 AM
mpspeedy2

It sounds like we are all in the same boat. I have a whole room full of fabric. I make at least 20 Linus quilts a month but it barely makes a dent in my stash. We are getting up in years and looking at moving into a retirement home. I started collecting plastic bags like they use in the stores for your groceries. I figured when we were ready to move I would invite all of my sewing and quilting friends to come and fill a bag for ten dollars or so each. I will of course have a sewing/quilting room where ever we end up but I just can't take it all. I have two embroidery machines, three sewing machines and a serger. Of course there are supplies for the embroidery machines like stabilizers and of course special threads galore. Don't forget various size rolls of batting etc. After looking at most of the retirement homes in our area we have put that on hold. Most of them were lovely but it would be like living in a luxury hotel. We are just not comfortable in that kind of place for everyday life. I am trying not to purchase anymore fabric. Of course my step-daughter gave me a gift card to Jo Anns' for Mother's day.