View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 01:23 PM
weasier22

I feel so good today!!! I finished a quilt top I started in August of 2011. It was originally going to be a quilt for my son as a house warming gift after buying his first ever home in 2011. I am so proud of him! Well, things go in the way ( like other quilts) & I never got to finish his quilt. Since moving into his home after my husband passed & I retired, I wanted to finish my UFOs. As it turned out, my son doesn't like red ... bummer. He likes blue. Well, I also have another UFO & it happens to be in blues! Nothing like lucking out! I love this red quilt & am happy to claim it as my own! If any of you have the American Patchwork Quilting June 2001 Issue 50, it can be found on page 58. The pattern is of an antique quilt. Now I am working on the backing. Have lots of the red fabric, so I thinking of enlarging the pattern pieces and incorporating them into the backing. I'm so excited!! Note: the "snake" by the fireplace in one of the pictures is rubber. One of my son's "toys" ... aren't all men little boys at heart?!
Attached Thumbnails img_8938.jpg   img_8939.jpg   img_8940.jpg   img_8942.jpg   img_8943.jpg  

Last edited by weasier22; 07-24-2015 at 01:31 PM.