View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Caswews

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
If it's gossip - especially mean gossip - "Really? Who told you that?" Often, when I ask for a source, the conversation dies. "Really? Let's go ask him/her about that." also kills the conversation.

When I worked, it seemed that I had a reputation for not spreading rumors, gossiping. I was amazed at how many people would come to talk to me and preface their conversation with, "I know that you won't tell anyone what i tell you..." and then spill their guts about something personal that was bothering them. Most of them didn't want advice, just a trusted, non-judgmental ear.

Lucky for me and them, I never heard anything criminal from any one of them.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

I am an inlaw to a family of gossipers who love to spread it; but cannot understand why one gets upset when the person they are spreading it about finds out. SO I don't tell my mil anything I don't want spread (just found all this out recently when a sister in law was over and from his so called Godmother -mil's cousin <and she put it in writing so I have ammo!!LOL> Knew I had been gossiped about for years, but could never prove it... but now I have it in writing !LOL)...

Oh well I guess if one is gossiping about me .. they will leave others alone. LOL

Last edited by Caswews; 08-25-2015 at 11:37 AM.