View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Kathy0414

Yes, hubby works in Parkersburg, and I usually go shopping there once a week, sometimes more in the summer/fall when it's nicer outside. Nice to sit by the river in Belpre, also, and have lunch.
Fenton Glass is the place you're speaking of. When we were dating, that was one of the first places he took me to here, as I love old glass.
Did you know there is a marble factory close here? If you've ever seen the TV show "Dirty Jobs", where the guy goes to factories, farms, mines, etc, to do a job thats really down and dirty for a day, they did a show on each place a couple of months ago. The marble factory is just a few miles from Marietta, and Fenton is just across the bridge in Williamstown. Lots of things to see here, find something new constantly!
We went to Blackwater for our honeymoon and traveled the backroads thru the state to get there... my, what windy, curvy roads!!! LOL But beautiful to see. We came back on the highway past the Gorge. It was breathtaking, people very friendly. We plan on taking another trip back there for our anniversary.