Old 01-17-2010, 09:28 AM
COwen

Shanna and all, I also asked a question similar to this a short time ago (Clothes to Quilts). I lost my mom after an 8 year battle with ovarian cancer about 1 1/2 years ago. Even though I am 52 and have children of my own, I still miss her everyday. I found a bunch of dresses and shirts that she made for herself and my dad when we lived in Hawaii. I have been cutting them up to make a Yellow Brick Road style quilt. I chose this pattern because the Hawaiian print fabric has large patterns and designs on it. I plan on making a quilt for both of my sisters and myself from these clothes. As I have been cutting up each of the dresses, I have been remembering when she made them. It's been a lot of memories and I have shed my share of tears throughout the process. But I look forward to giving the quilts to my sisters when I am done.

I became closer to my mom after my dad died thirty years ago. I'm sure with time, the pain will be less, but for now I comfort myself with my DH, my kids, my sisters, and my quilting sisters on the internet.

Take care...

Cathy