Old 09-28-2015, 10:09 AM
mckwilter

I didn't understand from cindyb's original post if the woman was doing her applique by hand or by machine, as I do both so I am including the answer for both. By hand, I use the Tulip #11 applique needles and use the Bohin needle threader. http://www.amazon.com/Bohin-Super-Au...eedle+threader I switch between YLI #100 silk thread and Metter Silk finish thread, which is a 50/2 100% cotton thread. Before I discovered Tulip needles, I used the John James Gold N Glide Big Eye needles.

If I am applique-ing by machine, I use a 60/8 needle, Dritz Looped Needle Threaders and Mettler Silk finish 100% cotton thread. I use the Dritz Looped Needle Threaders to thread all my machine needles whether I am piecing, quilting or applique-ing.

I have several colors of silk thread including an off-white, black, light brown, light and dark grey and a medium blue for one project, and red, green, yellow and brown for the Baltimore Album quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-08-20-graceful-rhapsody-block-1-prelude.jpg   baltimore-album-block-11.jpg