Old 10-08-2015, 03:50 AM
waltonalice

Alleyoop1, I tried the knittingboard, but it concentrates on loom knitting. I also Googled "knitting groups," and followed several links, but they seemed to be more personal blog than a group membership, such as we have on the Quiltingboard site. And, Maniac, I know that most people on this group are quilters, but I thought that I had seen a thread once that asked what other activities the members were involved in, so I thought that I'd give it a try. I've also tried "thick and thin" yarns, but most of the sites I followed showed hats or cowls. I've also Googled "Pingouin filé de laine," but found only descriptions of the yarn or a lot of patterns for another variety of "something de laine," which is apparently more of a regular plied yarn. I went on eBay and found some extra of the yarn that I have, which I'm going to buy. I had hesitated to start anything before because I didn't want to run out of the yarn. I would still love to see a picture of an actual use of the yarn in a sweater, but I think that I can translate a chunky pattern that wasn't designed for this yarn; I certainly know how to do the math about changing the number of stitches to account for a difference in guage. I'm very grateful for the responses that you've given.