Old 11-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Genden

Many years ago I decided to make my first quilt. I picked out a pattern in a quilt magazine. This was the time when it was the fashion to hand piece. I made the blocks and put together the top and began to hand quilt. About a third of the way through the hand quilting, I took a good look at the quilt and compared it with the picture in the magazine and found I had put an extra square piece in each block. It wasn't exactly like the pattern. I was so disappointed I put the quilt away. Several times I almost gave it to Good Will. About fifteen years later, one day as I was cleaning out a closet, I found the quilt, looked it over and decided I really liked it and finished quilting it. I have displayed it in quilt shows and had many positive comments on the pattern. No one knows it is different from the pattern I was following. My error gave a common pattern an original twist and uniqueness and dimension that is very attractive. I am glad I didn't throw it away or change it. Of all my quilts, it is one of my favorites.