View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Bree123

I use the Clover Mini Iron 2. Personally, I love it. It gets hot very quickly & stays hot. It does a fantastic job pressing seams & small bits of applique. I keep a mini spray bottle with water (3 oz travel size) in case any stubborn wrinkles require a bit of steam -- or if I accidentally press the seam the wrong way to start with & need help to force it back the correct direction. I am planning to get the "Large" sole plate attachment for Christmas. The standard size is usually sufficient, but the larger plate would be helpful for some applique I do or for pressing 2-3" pieces when I'm at a workshop/retreat and don't want to head over to the ironing board.

The only thing I would recommend is that if you don't buy the stand Clover makes for it, it's worthwhile to buy a cheapy spoon rest (like for the stovetop) to set it in when it's on. It comes with a flimsy foldable stand & especially at retreats the slightest little bump of the table can knock it off the stand & singe pressing surface and/or fabric.