Old 01-27-2016, 04:10 AM
Bluebonnets

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Bluebonnet, love your borders and the arrangement. I use one piece of red plaid for the setting triangles along the side, now I wished I hadn't as I like how your 1st red border/sash seems to blend with setting triangles and I don't have anymore of the plaid fabric to do the same. Was the grey fabric from the same collection as your gold as it looks like it to me. So far I haven't had to purchase any fabrics and I've made a bucket load of goofs. Wanted to add 2 more rows but hadn't read where the blocks were put on point. That made it way too large so back to original pattern but at least I won't have to cut as many little grey triangles now.
No, the gold fabric is a Thimbleberries I have had for a while and the gray I bought this last summer on clearance at a LQS, it is from Anthology Fabrics. My fabrics are a mix of Debbie Mumm, Thimbleberries, Northcott, and the grey one. I pulled from my favorites that I've been saving, my Thimbleberries stash. I just love them and I hated to use them. If that makes any sense. I will say, tho, I like them better now,