View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 11:09 PM
sharin'Sharon

We gave our four grown children a Cuisinart XL electric pressure cooker for Christmas a year ago. They love it. So...we finally recently purchased one @ Menards (not a Cuisinart but does the same job) for ourselves. Just this evening I put three boneless center cut pork chops in the bottom, covered with cream of mushroom soup, added a fourth chop on top & covered with soup; put four peeled & halved potatoes and some small whole garden carrots (about 4" long) around the top chop'; and carefully poured in one cup of water so as not to 'wash off' the soup from the chops. Pressured for 25 minutes. @Geri B: none of it was mushy;even the soup was still nicely smoothed atop the chops and everything tasted quite yummy. I poured the remaining liquid into another kettle to make a very delicious "mushroom" gravy. So far I've only done a beef roast, potatoes and carrots and BBQ'd a rack of pork back ribs and all was tasty. Sorry the pictures turned you away from a great kitchen counter appliance that is also oh so easy to clean. I'm retired and have time to cook 'the old fashioned way' but what a time saver and less dishes.