View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 PM
ctyankee

Anoka Quilter -- Jack hasn't changed at all since we got him. Our black lab showed his age ... he passed at 11yo. The two boys are (were) the same age. In fact, we got Jack because Rory, the black lab, wanted his own dog. They were great companions together. I still miss Rory. But Jack sounds like your dog, with all the problems of old age. Jack's sight is going (gone), as is his hearing, he has arthritis, he stumbles over his own feet ... but we love him anyway! Yesterday when I got home from work, he met me at the door, as always, but his arthritis wouldn't allow him to stand up properly & he was hobbling around the kitchen. Poor baby, I called him Mr. Hobbles, but he's still my boy.

I really enjoyed this tablerunner, & I like the RW&B, so I may do one of those. What's not to love about red, white & blue anyway? My wedding quilt, which was made in 1984, is RW&B. I didn't realize that until I had it completed & I stepped back, looked at it & said, holy cow, it's red, white & blue! Up till then I thought of it as a red quilt, since it was the red fabric that I fell in love with. LOL