View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 12:19 PM
ansew

Yes--All of the Hancock Fabric stores are closing. I even contacted them via their website to see if they would have an online presence, and they said "No". I dislike going to JAF so much because it takes so long to get anything cut. They usually only will have 2 people at the most at the cutting table even when they have their big sales. The last time I had something cut a month or so before Christmas, I went when it wasn't that busy, and I still had to wait about 45 minutes to get something cut---and that's with grabbing a "number" before I went to get the fabric I wanted. Hancock's had become my local fabric chain of choice because their customer service and pleasantry was better than JAF.

I decided a long time ago that I'd rather pay a little more at Hancock's than go to JAF. Hancock's was closer and I enjoyed the staff there as they were much more personable. I only try to go to JAF when it is something I can pull off the rack, like thread, buttons, fat quarters, etc. Now, JAF will be the Only fabric chain in the city of over 500,000(other than Walmart or Hobby Lobby). From what was told to me, they are thinking it will take a couple months to sell everything off so by the end of June will be the end. So sad for the employees. This store in our city was also told they would be kept open and 3 days ago, they found out otherwise.

So, now it will be 3 quilt shops, 1 JAF, 3 Hobby Lobby's in our city. I guess on the bright side, this will mean that I have more incentive to use up what I have in my stash which will take years anyway!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 05:19 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS