View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 06:26 AM
Bneighbor

every hobby is going to have expenses. There are some people who make quilts with the simplest of tools, others have to have every gadget on the market. Sewing, the same. Some will use only the basic machines and tools and others have top of the line machines and every foot/accessory that is available.
some people take to embroidery very easily, for some it is a learning curve, some want nothing to do with it because it does not fit into their repertoire of "crafts".
With any "craft", just because someone else does not like it or think it is "too hard" or "too expensive" is no reason to limit yourself or shy away from trying.
i personally see no need (for me) to own a quilting machine and frame. Why? Because I do most of my quilts (which are a limited amount since I do other "sewing " stuff) on my embroidery machine. But for someone else, is is absolutely nessary. Who I am to say they are nuts to spend that kind of money?
i own 3 embroidery machines. A Baby Lock 10 needle, a Baby Lock Destiny and a Baby Lock Aventura (a small version of the Destiny). The Aventura travels in my motor home with me during the summer. I use my machines daily, and enjoy them with no guilt for what I have spent.
i own several different embroidery and quilting software programs, threads and stableizer for almost every application, and I am happy to show anyone interested, and share ideas with them, to help them decide they want to embroider.
i am not offended if they decide it is not for them. I have taught the software and the machines and some people have difficulty. But if you want something bad enough, you will work at it.