Thread: Boom 17 - TOPAZ
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:03 AM
GramE

My question on the Passa is how do you pick your fabric? Do you have a color base? I see the black diamonds seem to be in every connection. I'm hoping to get the book soon so I can delve into the construction details.
Yours is beautiful and coming together quickly, I'd say.

❤️May you all have a blessed, peaceful Thanksgiving. We are blessed, one son & DDIL are winging their way to Hawaii to celebrate 25 yrs of wedded bliss, one son & family are in NJ at Cape May celebrating my grandson'S graduation from Coast Guard Seaman Recruit to Coast Guard Seaman. My eldest grandson's wife has never seen the ocean so she is overwhelmed at its majesty, viewing it from the Jersey shore. My youngest is celebrating by cooking for his family & his neighbors and DH & I are headed to DD's in Lafayette (In) with pumpkin & chocolate pie in hand with a grandson who chose to join us. A blessed day for sure for us.

I'm grateful for stumbling onto a webpage earlier this year, Feb I believe, while looking for something else and finding the most gracious group of friends one could ever ask for. You have all challenged me and changed me, enormously, for the good. As my sister said, this place sounds too good to be true & they don't even charge you to join! I believe the Lord led me here at a time when I was in need of a new friend, or 2 or maybe 20 or 30. Thank you all for being who you are. Best group of ladies ever! Your kindnesses have enriched me beyond measure. May God return that blessing to you seven fold! I pray that those in need will look to God Almighty who comforts & cares when we are hurting. I remember getting a note from an unknown (to me) QUILTINGBOARD member who responded to a post I had made on here and she was praying for me. This week I got a PM from someone with kind words (a lurker on this thread) on a day I really needed them. This place is the whole package, you ogle, ooo & aawww over completed blocks or quilt tops or UFO's or table runners or doll quilts or new found sewing machines and fabric at the same time you encourage, redirect, overlook, and truly show compassion & empathy to those with heavy hearts. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! ❤️