Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 AM

Default Boom 17 - TOPAZ

It’s finally time to play! Welcome to Boom 17, Topaz!

F8s due to me: Thursday, August 18, 2016
I ship to you: Monday, August 22, 2016
Topaz’s blocks due to me Friday, November 25, 2016

I mail Topaz’s blocks Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Topaz, 3 month group

Bibliostone
Billi
GramE
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Libster
Ljdugas
Francie Yuhas
Ibex94
Janice McC
Kassaundra
Mollymunchkin
Moonrise
Moonwork42029
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Muse&Sew
Seasaw2mch
Terriamn
TravellingGramma

By now, you should be in full swing preparing fabrics. Please wash, press, remove selvages, cut into F8s, bag, label with your name and any requests, and then put them into a large ziplock type envelope inside your mailing envelope. Remember, you will be shipping with tracking. All fabrics must be in my hands on or before Thursday, August 18 and I will turn around and send them out on Monday, August 22. IF all fabrics are in sooner, I'll mail sooner.

Important: Everyone in Topaz, 3 month group, should send me 19 F8s. Please make sure they arrive by Thursday, August 18.

Shipping: When you mail to me, please do so in whatever manner you wish as long as you’ve mailed with tracking. Please review shipping rules below and be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you get it. Be sure to include $6.80 for return shipping. If the money/stamps are missing, I will hold your package until I receive it. No checks or Paypal please.

Please have fun! It’s time to play with fabric you might not normally use, show your skills, make some new friends, say hello to old ones, and generally enjoy the experience. Let’s go!

Janice McC

Rules/Guidelines:

Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES -Updated 8 December 2010.

Fabric, Completed Block and Package Preparation:
1) Please pre-wash your Fat Eighth (F8) fabric before cutting into Fat Eighths by removing selvages, pre-washing and pressing. Cut your fabric into Fat Eighths, generally about 18” x 11”. Mail them to me.
2) When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc-type bag. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. (DO NOT SPECIFY A RECIPIENT unless a fabric is being directed to a particular person. Doing so slows my sorting process immensely.) Labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. When you send your completed blocks back to me, please seal and label your completed blocks with the owner’s name AND your name in a similar manner as you did the F8s. (Your name is important so that the owner knows who made what block.)
3) Please mail your F8s to me so that they arrive by Thursday, August 18. The sooner you get them to me, the sooner they go out! Be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you ship.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and completed blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will establish an online Fabric Gallery.
6) You are REQUIRED to keep in touch with your group by posting to the dedicated Boom 17 thread at least every 2 weeks. This is a requirement. If you don’t wish to keep in touch, this is not the swap for you.
7) All blocks must be completed within the time frame for the group and mailed to me with a tracking number.
8) All blocks should be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow. Before mailing, be sure to clean up the blocks by trimming your threads and cutting dog ears.
9) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

IMPORTANT SHIPPING DETAILS
You must supply me with tracking numbers on all parcels sent to me and I will do likewise when I mail to you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. You may ship to me in whatever tracked package you like, however I will ONLY ship to you in USPS Padded Priority Envelopes at a cost is $6.80, unless other arrangements have been made. You may supply me with a pre-paid or pre-stamped USPS Padded Priority Envelope (available for free at USPS.com) or send me $6.80 in well-concealed cash and I will supply the envelope, whatever is easier for you.

Keep in mind the following:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. Anyone with a poor track record of fulfilling swap commitments will not be permitted to join. If you do not fulfill your commitment, negative feedback will be given.
All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to sew a basic, well-constructed block. It need not be fancy or detailed but it must not be falling apart. I respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account.
PLEASE pre-wash fabrics without any fragrance residue. Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either pets or smoking is a serious problem for you, you may find this isn’t the swap for you.
NO public complaints or criticisms for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at [email protected]. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Old 08-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Emails will be going out to everyone shortly. Please reply so I know you've received them and are still on board to participate. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Linked to the new thread... he he he ... can't hide from me
Old 08-01-2016, 11:25 AM

LOL, we'd never even try!
Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Linked to the new thread... he he he ... can't hide from me
Old 08-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Topaz is a symbol of love and affection, and has been said to be an aid to ones sweetness and disposition.

Topaz gets its name from the Greek word topazion, which may originate from the Sanskrit tapas, meaning, “fire.”

Oh yeah... that's me for me alright.... I need something to aid my sweetness & disposition!
Old 08-01-2016, 01:31 PM

Lisa are you suggesting our dispositions need to be sweetened?
Old 08-01-2016, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Lisa are you suggesting our dispositions need to be sweetened?
It was on the internet so it must be true ........
Old 08-01-2016, 02:10 PM

I'm so sweet I give people diabetes!!! lol lol lol
Old 08-01-2016, 02:48 PM

Where is that like button for Kass.?
Old 08-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Oh, man! I'm sure glad I've got on short pants today! LOL It's getting deep.
My 19 F8s are going out tomorrow. Will email tracking number as soon as I get back home. Janice, look for special envelope inside Topaz group. Can not wait to get started!