Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: December POM

December POM

~December~
    Project of the Month
    Mail by December 30th

This months project … “A Pint Sized Creature”

We will be making a tiny little stuffed surprise. Maybe an animal or doll or any other little creature you choose. It must fit into your hand. You may fashion it any way you choose, but it should be stuffed.
    There are no precise directions. I only ask that your finished project be something that you would be excited to receive and that you put that little bit of extra love that you usually put into your POM’s

If you’d like to join, please send a pm to me tlambing and include the following

Real Name
    Phone #
    Email address
    Can you swap Internationally?

Sign ups will be open until Monday December 5th. Names out soon after. You will have until December 30th to mail your project.

NOTE: if we do not get at least 6 swappers, we will not swap for December.

I’d really like to keep this about the project, so I am going to ask that we not send extra goodies. This will help to keep postage down as well as helping us not feel an obligation to shower our partner with gifts. If you feel you must do something extra, how about writing a poem or drawing a picture or sharing a joke or even a recipe? I bet you can think of something!
    As soon as names are given, please contact your partner right away.
    Please contact me asap if you are having trouble getting in contact.
    Please continue to post on the thread throughout the swap. Let everyone know of your progress, post sneak peeks and encourage other swappers. It’s so much fun seeing everyones progress and sharing in our quilting friendship.
    I ask that you let me know when you send your project and when you receive from your partner.
    Any swapper that does not follow through with their obligation to the swap will be banned from future swaps and will receive negative (swap) feedback.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here on the quilting board****

This sounds lovely, I've been seeing all kinds of little creatures on the net. Especially the crochet ones are so cute, can they be crochet or just fabric. Either way I'd be happy to join, I'll send you my info.
    "The past beats inside me like a second heart". -John Banville, The Sea

Blog Entries
    Let me see what I can come up with. I always made little toys for my son when he was about 3. He loved to hold a toy on the school bus, and put it in his pocket till the ride home. Just think of all the tinys we can make.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    o.k. was looking thru things last night. I pulled a pattern and it's perfect for this.
    got some reddish batik that will be perfect. count me in! Going to the sewing room right now to start on it.
    sending you my info. NO INTERNATIONAL
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    went to pintrest quickly, they have such cute little things. I was in the pincushion swap for awhile, and a lot of them were mini creatures. This is just an extension. Now i don't know what to make, go with the original or something else. I can't decide. I'll do both and figure it out when they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene C. View Post
    This sounds lovely, I've been seeing all kinds of little creatures on the net. Especially the crochet ones are so cute, can they be crochet or just fabric. Either way I'd be happy to join, I'll send you my info.
    Crocheted is great! I'm jealous that I don't possess that skill. You go girl!

Lynnie, Pintrest is like a black hole! Sometimes I go on to look for a minute and before I know it hours have passed. Love it!

ok... sign me up for DECEMBER POM... I came up with an idea after thinking about it all day!!!!
    catsnquiltsgotogether

Another stretch goal for me Teresa! I'm in. Will send PM

Blog Entries
    Teresa, it's a big black hole. I'll go on at 1, i'll be searching Pintrest for what i think is a half hour, next thing i know. dh is walking thru the door. i just can't keep off of it. when i need an idea, i go there first. I've had a lot of eureka moments while looking there too. have a great day. this is going to be a fun one.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, wonder if I can make an extra one. I have a couple "in the hoop" embroidery designs that make a little creature. Made a couple for the dogs to have toys. This could be done. Have to check my time schedule though.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Quiltermomma, that sounds cute. did you ever get to finish the Christmas blocks i sent you, the one with the big tree all decorated. remember? it sure was pretty. I love your work too.

Blog Entries
    i just remembered something important on mini creatures. stuff them extra firmly.
    second, if you have parts that match, like legs, arms, paws, sides of a head or body, trace them onto your fabric, then sew, and lastly, then CUT. so much easier to handle the tiny pieces then. I hope everyone decides to join, and if we all can, we can contribute our hints for sewing minis.

We've met our minimum! So it's a go hoping to find a few more Brave souls to hop aboard......

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    i just remembered something important on mini creatures. stuff them extra firmly.
    second, if you have parts that match, like legs, arms, paws, sides of a head or body, trace them onto your fabric, then sew, and lastly, then CUT. so much easier to handle the tiny pieces then. I hope everyone decides to join, and if we all can, we can contribute our hints for sewing minis.
    Thats a great hint Lynnie! One of those slap your forehead type things.

Blog Entries
    also when stuffing, use a lot of little pieces instead of trying to shove a big ball in. it will go easier, and look better.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to skip December, so buried in deadlines right now. Starting a new second job plus still have a queen sized quilt for Christmas I haven't even started yet.... need to get off this tablet and go get a binding around a queen I did finish so I can take it to work tonight and work on the hand stitching during breaks.
    I will enjoy seeing your little creatures.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I'll sign up for this month
    Pat

Blog Entries
    i went to joann's to get eyes for my mini. got home, and decided i didn't like it. so, i made it again in a different color. it came out really cute.

Think I'm gonna pass this one up. I still will check out what ya all make.
    Mary

Sounds fun. I'll participate. Will send you a PM.

Jennifer

Blog Entries
    goodie, another swapper. i can't wait to get my swap partner. Ohh, maybe she'll make me an elf on the shelf!!!!

Those elves are so cute and popular.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    We had one for years, I MEAN "YEARS" before i knew others had them. since i was a kid. he has the hard plastic face too. I thought it was something we had, and didn't know about the story that went with it. Wow, they have books and website devoted to that little guy, and stories to go with him, even cloths! I had a pattern for an elf about 18 yrs ago, for the life of me, i can't find it. I made elves for everyone, but me, of course. anyone have a pattern for one?

December POM Partners

Irene C.~Jan Rutherford
    Lynnie~lovethemgreys
    Chasezzz~nhnative
    Linny~tlambing
    jlt37869~lovethemgreys

Please PM one another ASAP. Let me know of any issues. Thanks so much for swapping! I can't wait to see what we all come up with
    Last edited by tlambing; 12-06-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast