Old 12-01-2016, 12:14 PM
ZetteT

Question Longarmers Help! Buying New Longarm & I Can't Decide

I've decided to take the plunge and get a longarm. I've been researching all the brands and have decided to stick with either APQS (Lucey) or HQ (Fusion) because I have shops close by so I can get support. Unfortunately, I like both machines and they are pretty close in price. I've been renting an APQS Millie for approx. the last 6 months so I have experience with the brand but not Lucey specifically and I went and test drove the Fusion. The HQ comes with a 26" throat and 2400 spm and more bells and whistles (ie bobbin thread indicator, dimmable lights, etc) but the Lucey has a 26" throat and 3500 spm. I'm not sure if I should go the HQ because it has more convenience items or the Lucey because it's bigger and faster. I'm also nervous because the HQ has touchpads to control everything and it seems to me that computers are the first thing to cause problems in most of the products I own. There is a 5 year warranty on electronics but I plan on keeping this a lot longer than that so I'm trying to avoid future problems. Sorry for the lengthy post but I would love to hear your thoughts!